How can online professional development engaging?
3 Ways to Go from Boring to Engaging Professional Development
- Keep it short. Keep It Short. No one wants to sit through 8 hours of training. …
- Focus on active learning, not passive. Focus On Active. Put simply: don’t bore them. …
- Personalize it. Personalize It.
How do you engage in professional development?
Here are my top 10 ways to engage in Professional Development
- Twitter – create a professional learning network (PLN) with other teachers. …
- Read blogs by educators. …
- Subscribe to my Tech Tools for Teachers Newsletter!
- Listen to podcasts. …
- Talk to like minded teachers at your school or teachers around the world via Skype.
What is engaging in professional learning?
6. Engage in professional learning – Catherine’s Teaching Portfolio. This standard is understood as one where teachers meet their own professional needs and improve their practice by enhancing teaching knowledge. As students keep learning, it is also a teachers’ responsibility to keep learning in their profession.
What are some professional development activities?
Examples of activities that contribute to professional growth and development:
- Continuing Education.
- Participation in professional organizations.
- Improve job performance.
- Increased duties and responsibilities.
- Approaches to professional development:
- Skill Based Training.
- Job Assignments.
Why is engaging in professional learning important?
I hope that the seven principles of highly effective professional learning discussed in this paper inform and enrich conversations in your school community about the importance of providing quality learning opportunities for all teachers.
How can teachers engage in professional?
I will to commit to professional learning by attending regular staff meetings; attending staff development meetings; engaging in professional development programs outside of school hours; networking with teaching colleagues; and seeking feedback from colleagues and mentor teachers to improve my teaching abilities.
How do you create and maintain supportive and safe learning environments?
Standard 4: Create and maintain supportive and safe learning environments
- 4.1 Support student participation. Student participation is a key aspect of a successful classroom. …
- 4.2 Manage classroom activities. …
- 4.3 Manage challenging behaviour. …
- 4.4 Maintain student safety. …
- 4.5 Use ICT safely, responsibly and ethically.