Necessary Documents: Valid passports; completed application form obtained from the Civil Registry or District Court; “apostillized” birth certificates; Spanish translation of birth certificates made and authenticated by the Spanish Consulate or Embassy nearest your place of residence; “apostillized,” certified divorce …
What paperwork do I need to get married in Spain?
How to get married in Spain
- Valid passports of both parties.
- Original full birth certificates.
- Proof that both parties are legally allowed to get married, frequently known as a certificate of no impediment (if you aren’t Spanish then you may need to obtain this from your home country’s Embassy or Consulate)
What legal documents do I need to get married abroad?
Documents needed to get married abroad
- Your passports – make sure they’re valid and have at least 6 months left before expiration.
- Full birth certificates from both parties (they need to be the originals, or certified copies)
- If divorced, the decree absolute, if widowed, the marriage and spouses’ death certificate.
How quickly can you get married in Spain?
The whole process for a civil ceremony takes between 30-50 days, so you may want to plan to be in Spain for a month prior to your wedding. For a religious wedding, the timeline is just as important. You should coordinate with your church of choice ahead of time.
Can a foreigner get married in Spain?
In Spain, it is possible to arrange civil and religious marriages between foreigners or a foreigner and a Spanish national provided you do your paperwork first. … In the meantime and subject to the agreement of individual priests, it is possible to have a civil marriage blessed in a non-catholic church.
How much does it cost to get married in Spain?
The average cost of a wedding in Spain stood at 22 thousand euros in 2021. This includes the expenses laid out for all products and services, such as clothing, music, banquet and invitations. The price of a wedding can vary greatly and is highly conditioned by the future new weds’ financial means or their taste.
Who pays for wedding in Spain?
In Spain, these costs are handled by various sponsors, often godparents who are honored during the ceremony for their contributions. In Korea, the bride and her family pay for the cost of the wedding.
Do you need to register your marriage if you get married abroad?
If I get married abroad, do I need to register this marriage in the UK? No, if you have married according to the law of a foreign country it is not possible to register your marriage in the United Kingdom.
How can I get married in Spain?
To get married in Spain, you will typically need to have the following documentation:
- Long form birth certificate, notarized and translated into Spanish.
- Valid passport and at least four copies – to be used when you apply for the Empadronmiento, Residencia and file for the marriage.
Is a Spanish wedding legal in the UK?
Most people incorporate them into the same service, but they do not need to be. You can do the legals (marriage or civil partnership) at your local Registry Office in the UK in just ten minutes; all you need is two witnesses. Then you can have whatever ceremony you like in Spain.
Can you get married on the beach in Spain?
You cannot simply set up an amazing wedding on the beach in Spain, as you may well be told to move on, the beach is public property! However if you were to simply conduct an intimate ceremony on the beach, without chairs for the spectators, or a fancy aisle, then you should have no problem.