Does the courthouse marry you in Virginia?
Marriage licenses are issued on-the-spot, and can be used immediately. Virginia does not offer “courthouse weddings.” In some jurisdictions you may have the option to be married by a Marriage Commissioner, but there are often restrictions on who may attend and what services are provided.
Do you need an appointment to get married at the courthouse in Virginia?
Persons Authorized to Perform Marriages
You can get your license and get married on the same day. No appointments and no witnesses are needed. The persons authorized to perform the marriages charge $50.00 (cash only) for performing the marriage ceremony at the Clerk’s Office.
Can you get married the same day you get a marriage license in Virginia?
There is no waiting period. You can get your license and get married in the same day. But keep in mind the clerk has limited hours, and most require you to show up at least 30 minutes before closing time. Check the links to the clerks’ offices above for the hours of the circuit court.
How much does it cost to get married at the Justice of the Peace in Virginia?
$30.00 for the marriage license, $39.00 (limited time discount) for the marriage ceremony and filing of the documents, and $3.00 to get your certified copy. It can all be done in less than 30 minutes, too.
How do you elope in Virginia?
How to Elope in Virginia – Getting Married on Short Notice
- Step 1 – Get Your Marriage License (Don’t Worry… It’s Quick and Easy!) …
- Step 2 – Meet Me Somewhere to Get Married / Have Photos Taken. …
- Step 3 – I File the Marriage License. …
- Step 4 – Enjoy Being Married and Viewing Your Photographs.
Can you get married online in Virginia?
To speed up the process of obtaining your marriage license, you may complete the Online Marriage License Pre-Application. Upon completion you will receive a confirmation document. The applicants have sixty days to obtain their license at the Fairfax County Courthouse.
How do you get married in Virginia without a ceremony?
In Virginia, you can apply at any county court clerk’s office and the license is valid anywhere in the state.
- You can apply for a marriage license either: …
- Both parties must be present when applying/picking up the license in-person.
- Both parties must have a government issued ID with them (driver’s license, passport, etc.)
What do I need to get married in Virginia?
To obtain a marriage license at our Clerk’s office, you will need the following:
- Both parties need to be present at the same time. …
- Both parties must have a valid, non-expired government issued photo ID such as a driver’s license, passport, or DMV issued ID card.
- $30 fee payable by cash, check, money order or credit card.