How much does a marriage license cost? The Minnesota marriage license fee is $115 statewide. It’s $40 if you take 12 hours of premarital education.
How much does it cost to get married in a courthouse in MN?
How much does it cost for a marriage license? The fee for a marriage license application is $115. If you take at least 12 hours of premarital education classes, the application fee is $40.
What do I need to get married in MN?
Minnesota Marriage License Requirements
- Legal names of both applicants.
- Current addresses.
- Dates of birth.
- State/country where each person was born.
- County in which each applicant lives.
- Social security numbers.
- Information on any previous marriages.
- Full name the applicants intend to have after the marriage.
How quick can you get married in Minnesota?
Minnesota has a five-day waiting period for marriage licenses. You can get a waiver for this waiting period with a valid reason by a local county clerk. A Minnesota marriage license is valid for six months after the County Registrar issues it.
How do you get married in Minnesota without a ceremony?
Complete the following steps to request a marriage license in our office.
- Download and complete Marriage License Application (PDF), or pick up an application in the office.
- Sign the application at the office window (signature must be witnessed).
- Provide proof of counseling, if applying for reduced fee.
How can I get married fast?
How to Get Married in a Hurry
- Come up with a budget. …
- Plan the ceremony and reception. …
- Find an officiant. …
- Send out invitations and create a wedding website. …
- Form a bridal party. …
- Figure out what you’ll wear. …
- Book a photographer, musicians, florist, and baker. …
- Order the rings.
How do you elope in Minnesota?
You’ll need a valid driver’s license or ID card, as well as your social security number to complete the application. If you don’t live in, but plan to get married in Minnesota, no worries! You don’t have to be a resident to elope in MN. The fee to obtain your marriage license is $115.
What are the steps in getting married?
Here are the six basic steps to getting married.
- Find someone you like a lot. …
- Propose to your honey or accept a proposal. …
- Set a date and plan the wedding. …
- Get a marriage license. …
- Find an officiant to marry you. …
- Show up and say, “I Do.”