Saying ‘congrats’ is appropriate never mind which side of the aisle you are sitting on once the ceremony starts. Whether you’ve been best friends with the bride for years and have just met the groom or know both parties all too well, you can never go wrong with a sincere wedding congratulations message.
Do you say congratulations for a wedding?
Congratulations. “Congratulations” is often the basic message people want to express when they sign a wedding card. It’s like a supportive pat on the back, and it’s easy to say even when you’ve never met one half of the marrying couple.
What to say when someone tells you they are getting married?
“Happy Marriage” would not stand on its own as a phrase you could use, but you could say “I wish you a happy marriage”, “Congratulations on your wedding (or marriage)” or “Best wishes for your marriage”.
How do you congratulate a newly married couple?
Casual Wedding Wishes
- “Best wishes!”
- “Congratulations on your wedding!”
- “We’re/I’m so happy for you!”
- “Wishing you lots of love and happiness.”
- “We/I love you. Congrats!”
- “Lots of love today and beyond.”
- “Here’s a little something to start your life together.” (If you’re including a gift.)
How do you congratulate someone on their marriage?
Casual Wedding Wishes
- Best wishes!
- We’re/I’m so happy for you!
- Wishing you lots of love and happiness.
- Wishing you a long and happy marriage.
- Wishing you the best today and always.
- So happy to celebrate this day with you both!
- Best wishes for a fun-filled future together.
- Wishing you fulfillment of every dream!
Is it rude to say congratulations to a bride?
It implies failure on the part of the un-engaged, and that’s uncool. “It is traditional to say ‘Congratulations’ to a groom after a wedding, but ‘Best wishes’ to the bride. The implication is that the groom has made a great ‘catch’, but that it would be impolite to say that the bride had.”
Why do we congratulate marriage?
When people congratulate engaged or married couples they’re invoking the second definition of the word, offering best wishes and acknowledging the couple’s happiness. That’s why we’ll always say congrats to happy couples all over the world.
Are you getting married meaning?
I am getting married” means you are now in progress of wedding…. Insteady of “getting married” you can say ” going to get married”.
How do you wish a blissful marriage?
50 Wedding Wishes
- Wishing you a lifetime of love and happiness. …
- May the years ahead be filled with love and joy.
- Your wedding day will come and go, but may your love forever grow.
- Wishing you well as you embark on this next chapter of life. …
- May your love grow stronger each and every passing year.
Is marriage a tradition?
Marriage ceremonies include symbolic rites, often sanctified by a religious order, which are thought to confer good fortune on the couple. … These traditions are, to a certain extent, shaped by the religious beliefs and practices found in societies throughout the world.
Is it newly wed or newly weds?
Just be aware that “the newly weds” is incorrect. This is a noun and should be written as a single word or as a hyphenated form: newlyweds or newly-weds.
Do you say congratulations for an anniversary?
Whether you are looking to offer a toast, share a special memory, or just say a simple ‘Congrats,’ you’ll want your anniversary wish to be heartfelt and reflect your relationship with the recipient(s).
How do you bless a marriage?
“Best wishes on this wonderful journey, as you build your new lives together.” “Wishing you joy, love, and happiness on your wedding day, and as you begin your new life together.” “Wishing you a lifetime of love and happiness.” “Congratulations on the most important union of your life!