What do you say to the bride and groom?
You can stick with for elegant and traditional wording, like “Warmest congratulations to the bride and groom,” or “Wishing you a lifetime of happiness and love.” Alternatively, you can go for more casual vibes, like, “So happy for you!” or “Best wishes!”
What do I write in a wedding card UK?
Here are some super simple things to write in a wedding card:
- Congratulations to a wonderful couple.
- Best wishes on your wedding day.
- We’re so happy to celebrate this day with you.
- Wishing you a lifetime of love and happiness.
- Lots of love today and beyond.
- Here’s to a long and happy marriage.
What do you write on a wedding front card?
“Thank you for inviting us/me to share this joyful day! We/I wish you a lifetime of happiness.” “Best wishes!” “Congratulations on your wedding/marriage!” (Saying “congratulations” instead of “best wishes” is no longer a faux pas)
How do you address a bride and groom in a wedding card?
Consider how you address it.
There’s an easy workaround: Address the envelope with “To the newlyweds,” “To the Mr. and Mrs.,” “To the Mr. and Mr.,” or “To the Mrs. and Mrs.”
Do you say best wishes for a wedding?
“It is traditional to say ‘Congratulations’ to a groom after a wedding, but ‘Best wishes’ to the bride. The implication is that the groom has made a great ‘catch’, but that it would be impolite to say that the bride had.”
What do you write in a wedding card you can’t attend?
Wedding Wishes When You Can’t Attend
- Congratulations on your wedding day! We hope you can feel our love and support even though we can’t be there.
- Congratulations on such an exciting day! …
- Congratulations, you two! …
- Congratulations on your wedding day! …
- Wishing you both the very best on this special day.
How much money do I put in a wedding card?
The average wedding gift amount hovers right around $100, which is a great place to start, and you can increase or decrease that based on how close you are. If you’re very close or related to the couple (and have the wiggle room in your budget), you may choose to spend more—about $150 per guest (or $200 from a couple).
Does man or woman’s name go first?
NOTE: Traditionally, a woman’s name preceded a man’s on an envelope address, and his first and surname were not separated (Jane and John Kelly). Nowadays, the order of the names—whether his name or hers comes first—does not matter and either way is acceptable.
Which name goes first husband or wife?
Both husband and wife use their first names, with the wife’s name listed first and the husband’s second. It helps to remember the old Southern rule of always keeping the man’s first and last name together. And, of course, last names are always written.
What do I write in my maid of honor wedding card?
- ‘I couldn’t be more honoured to be a part of this special day. Wishing you a lifetime of happiness. ‘
- I’m so thrilled to share this wonderful day with you both. May the happiness you feel today last a lifetime. ‘
How do I write my name on my wedding card?
List each person invited to the wedding.
- Note the adult names first, such as “Mr. and Mrs. Ned Stark.” Under that, list the children by seniority. For instance, write “Robb, Miss Sansa, Miss Arya, Bran, and Rickon.”
- Girls under 18 are denoted as “Miss.” Boys under 18 don’t get a title. How unfair!
How do you start a wedding card?
Casual Wedding Wishes
- “Best wishes!”
- “Congratulations on your wedding!”
- “We’re/I’m so happy for you!”
- “Wishing you lots of love and happiness.”
- “We/I love you. Congrats!”
- “Lots of love today and beyond.”
- “Here’s a little something to start your life together.” (If you’re including a gift.)
What should I write on a wedding sticker?
Formal wedding wishes
- We wish you a lifetime of love, joy and happiness.
- May your joining together in marriage bring you more joy than you could possibly imagine.
- May the love and happiness you feel together today last for all your years to come.