Grammatically, it works. In the real world, “engaged” is a 1 or 0 state. You either are engaged—two people have agreed to marry—or you are not yet engaged. “I’m getting married” is the correct statement that follows “I (got)(am)(became) engaged.”
Are engaged or got engaged?
Both are correct grammatically, but neither is good in that context. “To be engaged in something” is rather formal and somewhat old-fashioned. Thank you.
Is got engaged correct?
Both are grammatical rules of English, and neither one is more correct than the other. Like almost everything in English grammar, there are a lot of correct ways to say things.
What do you mean by got engaged?
1 : involved in activity : occupied, busy. 2 : pledged to be married : betrothed. 3 : greatly interested : committed. 4 : involved especially in a hostile encounter.
How do you say I’m getting engaged?
“Engaged” “I can’t keep calm… I’m getting married!”
Other caption ideas include saying:
- “My latest and greatest accessory”
- “Oh hello!”
- “I spy a sparkly diamond”
- “He put a ring on it!”
- “[Insert engagement date]”
How do you use engaged in a sentence?
Engaged sentence example
- We were engaged in locating all of their victims we could find. …
- You were engaged to Josh. …
- Then his face engaged in a smile that created little wrinkles around his eyes and grooves in his cheeks. …
- What Alex did before we became engaged is none of my business. …
- I was NOT engaged to Josh!
Does engaged mean married?
Getting engaged is an official announcement of the intention to marry. With the acceptance of the marriage proposal, both partners express their will to marry each other. An engagement is therefore no more and no less than the public (not secret) announcement to marry each other.
What do I call my girlfriend when we are engaged?
A fiancée is a woman engaged to be married; a man engaged to be married is a fiancé — two “e”s for a woman, one for a man — according to French spelling conventions.
What is engaged in relationship?
An engagement or betrothal is the period of time between a marriage proposal and the marriage itself (which is typically but not always commenced with a wedding). During this period, a couple is said to be fiancés (from the French), betrothed, intended, affianced, engaged to be married, or simply engaged.
What type of word is engaged?
engaged adjective (INVOLVED/BUSY)
What is the meaning of got married?
Definition of get married
: to become joined in marriage They’re planning to get married in October.
How do you announce engagement in Word?
Engagement Announcement Wording Ideas
- “[Month and date], 2021 – Updated my relationship status”
- “We Did it!”
- “If we can get through 2020 together, the rest is downhill from here!”
- “Officially off the market!”
- “It’s about time – we’re getting married!”
- “Does this ring make me look engaged?”
- “I put a ring on it.”