Saying ‘congrats’ is appropriate never mind which side of the aisle you are sitting on once the ceremony starts. Whether you’ve been best friends with the bride for years and have just met the groom or know both parties all too well, you can never go wrong with a sincere wedding congratulations message.
Is Congratulations on your wedding correct?
New Member. Simple the difference between both sentence is that congratulation for your marriage is use for before the time of marriage it means marriage isn’t completed and congratulation on your marriage is use for the past tense, means the you give the best wishes after the marriage is completed.
What is the meaning of congratulations on your wedding?
“Congratulations on your wedding” are common words used to compose a wedding letter, a wedding message for a gift card or to sign a reception poster. You want to use words that convey a meaningful and positive message of congratulations.
How do you congratulate a wedding bride?
- “So happy for you.”
- “With warmest wishes for the bride-to-be…”
- “What a busy and exciting time! …
- “Please don’t mind my happy tears. …
- “Wishing you all the best today, on your wedding day, and in your life together.”
- “Blessings to you as you prepare to say I do.”
Which one is correct congratulations or congratulations?
Congradulations vs. Congratulations—Which Is Correct? There’s just one way to spell it, and that’s congratulations, with a T. This word came into English from Latin, where it was formed by combining the prefix com-, meaning “with,” to the root gratulari, meaning “give thanks” or “show joy.”
Is it congratulations on or congratulations for?
“Congratulations for” is used for someone’s achievement while “congratulations on”is used when expressing one’s good wishes in the context of a happy event.
Do you congratulate someone for getting engaged?
When people congratulate engaged or married couples they’re invoking the second definition of the word, offering best wishes and acknowledging the couple’s happiness. That’s why we’ll always say congrats to happy couples all over the world.
How do you compliment a wedding?
7 Sweet Compliments to Give a Bride
- You look beautiful. …
- Your dress is perfect! …
- I can’t believe how stunning these flowers are… …
- You two are made for each other. …
- I’m having such an incredible time, thank you! …
- The ceremony was so meaningful. …
- Whatever’s in your heart!
What do you say to the bride and groom?
You can stick with for elegant and traditional wording, like “Warmest congratulations to the bride and groom,” or “Wishing you a lifetime of happiness and love.” Alternatively, you can go for more casual vibes, like, “So happy for you!” or “Best wishes!”
How do you say wishes in a wedding?
- Best wishes!
- We’re/I’m so happy for you!
- Wishing you lots of love and happiness.
- Wishing you a long and happy marriage.
- Wishing you the best today and always.
- So happy to celebrate this day with you both!
- Best wishes for a fun-filled future together.
- Wishing you fulfillment of every dream!
How much do I give at a wedding?
The average wedding gift amount hovers right around $100, which is a great place to start, and you can increase or decrease that based on how close you are. If you’re very close or related to the couple (and have the wiggle room in your budget), you may choose to spend more—about $150 per guest (or $200 from a couple).
How do you say congratulations?
- “Congratulations on your well-deserved success.”
- “Heartfelt congratulations to you.”
- “Warmest congratulations on your achievement.”
- “Congratulations and best wishes for your next adventure!”
- “So pleased to see you accomplishing great things.”
Is it OK to say congrats?
English speakers don’t usually say congrats. … Often English learners say congratulations when they mean good job or well done! When you want to tell someone that they have done well on a project, taught a class well, given a good speech, or generally done something well, you can say: Good job on the report!
What is the proper response to congratulations?
The best way to reply to a congratulations letter or message is to thank the person who wrote to you and let them know how much their acknowledgment of your achievement means to you.
Can congratulations be singular?
In the singular, congratulation is the action of congratulating. In the plural, congratulations is what one offers to express pleasure in the success or good fortune of another. The preposition on is used when expressing one’s good wishes in the context of a happy event: Congratulations on your marriage!